Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:12 am Post subject: Websphere Portal Developer, Web Svcs - RDU area,NC $75K-$85K
Very hot! High Priority! Major initiative! Very cooperative hiring manager who is eager to fill these positions!
2 Positions available. Opportunity to be part of a large cutting edge web development project. Large healthcare organization located in the Triangle area of NC. Excellent benefits.
This Websphere Portal Developer will be responsible for developing and migrating of the companys external/internal facing websites and web applications to Websphere Product Suite. The candidate will work with other Portal developers and Content Management teams under the guidance of Websphere Portal Lead and plays significant role in building new functionality and new constituents into the company portals.
* Develop process enabled, external and internal facing Portals
* Migrate current websites content to Websphere Content Management platform, website applications to Websphere Portal platform.
* Migrate current website applications to Websphere Portal Platform
* Take part in development of end-to-end architecture of component-based, service oriented internet/intranet web application frame work using J2EE and Websphere Portal Platform
* Contribute to detailed system design documentation and deliverables, such as functional requirements, process flows, use cases, user interface modeling, UML diagrams, sequence diagrams, component and deployment diagrams, class diagrams, data models, technical specifications, architecture diagrams.
* Work closely with portal development team members throughout portal development process including customer needs analysis, functional and technical design requirements and application coding, testing, implementation and support using SDLC methodologies.
* Contribute to SOA based web application framework consisting of reusable business services and processes, configurable application integrations (EAI) with transactional systems.
* Supports a culture in information technology of responsive, customer-oriented services and internal accountability for information technology
Bachelors degree in Computer Science required
* 4 years of experience with database programming using Oracle/MS SQL, PL SQL/T-SQL, Stored Procedures. Must have developed reports using Crystal Reports or related tools.
* 3 years of experience in developing major web sites and portals (standalone and process oriented) on Websphere Application Server or Portal Server
* 2 years of development experience in building Portlets (standalone, process) with Websphere Portal Server and Portlet Factory.
* At least 1 year of experience in contributing to functional requirements using Use Cases/Process Models/Wire frames and technical requirements using UML and data models.
* Working experience with Websphere Workplace Content Management, Portal Document Management, Workplace Forms, Content Tagging, Search, Personalization
* Must have working knowledge with Web Security (SSL, Digital Signatures) and e-Commerce Gateways
* Must have working knowledge with EAI, Java Connector Architecture, Message Brokers (MQ Series)
* Experience with RAD tools, Websphere Portlet Factory and IDEs
* Familiarity with Websphere Portal Administration, Websphere Workplace Content Management Administration and Websphere Application Server Administrations (Configuration, Clustering, Tuning, Deployment, Distribution etc.)
Special competencies/credentials required:
* Strong user interaction skills in capturing requirements, building consensus and working with customers throughout project life cycle
* Good analytical skills, ability to work well with others, handle multiple simultaneous assignments, ability to work with less supervision
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, organization skills
* Excellent interpersonal/team building and project/time management skills
* Certifications relevant to J2EE development and architecture, Websphere
* Health care industry experience
* Familiarity with Content Management concepts
* Working knowledge on Web 2.0 patterns (Ajax, DHTML)
* Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture, Websphere Service Registry and Repository
* Experience in mobile enabling web applications
The information above describes the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of position incumbents.
If interested, please email your resume as a WORD attachment with the job title in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank You.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
WebSphere is a registered trademark of International Business Machines
Corporation in the United States or other countries or both.
Please note that this site is a user-driven community site. It is not operated by IBM. Information is provided on an as-is basis and it may or may not be supported by IBM.